Can you help us on Global Accessibility Awareness Day? This is a day to raise awareness of how we can all help support digital accessibility and this year it’s on 19th May. It’s an opportunity to take a small amount time to focus on the digital accessibility of your courses or any content that you might want to improve. There are lots of events worldwide and you can find out more about the range of events on the dedicated website.
Blackboard are running a Fix Your Content 24-hour global event– challenging institutions and Blackboard Ally users everywhere to look at how they can improve the accessibility of their content. To help with improving the digital accessibility, colleagues from QED, IT, the TEL Unit, the Library, and Disability and Dyslexia, as well academic colleagues with an interest in inclusion, are all supporting the day.
Here’s seven ways that you can get involved, improve the digital accessibility of your content and support Global Accessibility Awareness Day:
- Come along to an additional online Blackboard Ally session on 18th May 10-11am (sign-up via the Staff Development website) being run by the TEL Unit
- Read more about Blackboard Ally on the TEL Unit’s accessibility webpages
- Drop-in to EE G031 on 19th May between 10am and 3pm to get some guidance on how to improve the accessibility of any of your files at an Accessibility Drop-In Clinic where there’ll be hands on support to help you with any hands-on queries you might have.
- Check out this handy guide: A Busy Lecturer’s Guide to Accessibility
- Look over the advice on the IT webpages about accessibility and Office 365
- Signpost your students to Assistive Technology Support guidance on the Disability and Dyslexia webpages
- Sign-up for the Digital Learning and Teaching Community to get tips and tricks on improving your accessibility (available to Uni of Worcester and Partnership colleagues).
Look out for lots of activity on social media by following the #GAAD2022 hashtag and share how you’re getting involved.